MarinePure High Performance Biofilter Media 1.5 inch Spheres - 1 gallon
MarinePure`s bio-media is the most technically advanced bio-media available today, designed to be a substrate for bio-filtration, specifically targeting ammonia and nitrite removal, minimizing denitrification.
MarinePure is the perfect place for beneficial bacteria to flourish in order to remove harmful fish wastes, eliminating ammonia and lower nitrates.
Thin Bio-Film Technology
Combination of vast surface area and open/interconnected pores allow a thin bio-film to develop. This thin film allows bacteria to flourish because necessary nutrients are immediately available. With the open pores, old dead bio-film is easily flushed from the media and will not plug the media. Water flows through the media, not around as with other denser medias, thus utilizing the most surface area for beneficial bacterial growth.
- Thin Bio-Film Technology™
- For freshwater and marine aquaria
- Vast surface area
- Open porosity
- Designed for ammonia and nitrite removal
- MarinePure is inert and will not harm aquarium inhabitants
- Reduces tank maintenance
- Allows a higher bioload
- Fits into most filters
- Use in sumps, under gravel, canister filters, etc.
- One gallon box treats up to 100 gallons
- Dimensions = 1.5" diameter
- Surface area = 240 sqft Per Sphere