ELOS AQUA TEST KIT - PHOSPHATE
Phosphate (PO4) build up in aquariums appears to be a fairly common problem in freshwater and saltwater aquariums. They are present in most tap water supplies and are also introduced to aquarium water through fish waste, uneaten fish food, and decaying plant and invertebrate material. Hobbyists end up with rising levels of PO4, leading to the appearance of algae that start to cover the tank panes, the substrate and just about anything else in the tank. The maximum value of PO4 in an aquarium is 0.01 mg/l (ppm) for saltwater aquarium and for fresh water aquarium is 0.5 mg/l (ppm). In deeply planted aquarium the maximum level can achieve up to 1 mg/l (ppm). The periodical analytical evaluation of phosphate in the aquarium should be considered by the serious aquarium enthusiast.
ELOS AquaTest PO4, as well as all the other colorimetric test kit of this line, grant very high precision thanks to several procedures like the use of "Real Color" technology, an accurate system to calibrate the color chart compared to the reagents; the validation of each reagent with NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) certified samples and the careful stock management to supply to our customers ONLY the freshest production batch. Our PO4 test, allows the determination of the Phosphate down to a level of only 0.01 mg/l (ppm) Phosphate presence.
- Great for most reef and freshwater aquariums.
- Range 0.01 - 1.0ppm
- Color Scale (ppm): 0.00, 0.05, 0.01, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1.0
- Easy reading: "Real Color" technology.
- High precision: thanks to the use of calibrated droppers
- NIST validation: each batch of Elos reagents is validated using NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) samples
- "Safe reagents": reagents and testing procedures are based on Low Risk Reagents. None of our test kit are based on Toxic Reagents.