MarinePure High Performance Biofilter Media Plate
MarinePure`s bio-media is the most technically advanced bio-media available today. MarinePure™ Plates have a very large surface area to promote aerobic bacteria growth for ammonia and nitrite removal. Perfect for the creative hobbyist. Use as a baffle in wet/dry (bubble trap) in sumps, under substrate or rock formations, as a frag rack or substrate. It is easy to shape the plate to fit in tight or custom places.
Thin Bio-Film Technology
Combination of vast surface area and open/interconnected pores allow a thin bio-film to develop. This thin film allows bacteria to flourish because necessary nutrients are immediately available. With the open pores, old dead bio-film is easily flushed from the media and will not plug the media. Water flows through the media, not around as with other denser medias, thus utilizing the most surface area for beneficial bacterial growth.
- Thin Bio-Film Technology™
- For freshwater and marine aquaria
- Vast surface area
- Open porosity
- Designed for ammonia and nitrite removal
- MarinePure is inert and will not harm aquarium inhabitants
- Reduces tank maintenance
- Allows a higher bioload
- Can use a smaller filtration footprint
- Shape to fit
- Use in sumps, under gravel, canister filters, etc.
- One plate treats up to 50 gallons
- Dimensions (LxWxH) = 8" x 8" x 1"
- Surface area = 5750 sqft